Thursday, December 30, 2010

A New Post Evey Week

Ok, so here's the deal.

I'm nothing special. I am a sophomore in college, I have a normal life, a normal(ish) family, and I typically don't do anything out of the ordinary. In college I make average to above average grades. I graduated #9 out of about 275 people in high school. 

Basically what I'm saying is, I'm semi-intelligent, but average and haven't done much. Yes, I'm 20, but still. I do not want to become one of the masses. The way I see it, that's where a lot of us are headed. I don't want to be one of those many people. I would like to do at least one thing that is at least a little meaningful. Thus, THIS BLOG!!!! 

In this blog, I tried (and am trying) to open up forums of discussion by bringing up topics and then fleshing it out a little, hoping other people will comment and a dialogue is opened up, much like this guy (to be fair, I tried to do this before I even knew about him. It's not copying him, just a co-development that he developed firsts. Like calculus). 

Yeah... That didn't work out so well... Mostly because 1. Not many people read my blog and 2. There are more assholes on /b/ that intelligent people (Yes, I advertised the blog [kind of] on 4chan. I was looking for numbers, hoping to pick up some readers. Thank goodness for think skin). So I tried other ways to get my blog out there. Stumbleupon, Reddit, Digg... (Does anyone even use Digg anymore?). That wasn't very effective either. Then I had another idea. I was listening to Jonathan Coulton's interview on the Nerdist podcast, and though, "Wouldn't it be cool if I made a blog post every week?" No, it wouldn't get me more readers, and no, it wouldn't guarantee that a forum of discussion would open up, but it would be a personal accomplishment that would make me feel great.

So here's what is going to happen. I am going to try to have a new blog post up every Friday, and Saturday at the latest. I'm not sure what the posts will be about. It may be more thought provoking posts (which I hope my last several posts have been), it may be some rants, it may be a stupid story that happened to me in my past. But, unless something really big happens (like a report that is due, which is entirely possible) I will give you a new post every week. 

So, please, enjoy! Follow me! Comment! Share it with the WORLD! Heck, if you even want to bump me up on Reddit or whatever, DO IT! Give me ideas to write about! I want this to be as enjoyable for you to read as it is for me to do! 

SO LET'S SEE HOW 52 BLOG POSTS GOES!!!!! YES!!!!!!


This is me excited. I'm jumping for joy, daggit! And catching water in Epcot...

No comments: